All Available Doors

* I was on the tube a couple of days ago, when a voice came over the PA and said, "This train is quite crowded. When exiting, please use all available doors."

I know how to use one door or another to get off the train, but I froze in puzzlement as to how I could use "all available doors" to get off. It was six stops past mine before I just punted and used the one nearest to me.

* And I was looking forward to having tons of yummy English muffins when I got over here, but I haven't seen one! Have the English sold all of theirs to the states?

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Gene: 'English muffins' are actually American. Try looking for: crumpets/scones/baps/pikelets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I bet sitting "in" the tube next time will
    be more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I knew English muffins were American: It was a joke.

    But I guess not a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: Try writing "with" sarcasm next time -- it will be funnier than "near" sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness