Stupidest Criminalization of Innocent Activity Ever

Stealing rubbish.

Comments

  1. Aren't we supposed to reduce reuse recycle?

    And man I don't mind saving the planet, but not if it means more materials flowing to China! Isn't it enough that they still our manufacturing jobs?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, should have been "...that they steal our..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Still" works in that context: a bit poetic, perhaps, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:09 PM

    We used to have "recycle bins" in my old community in Connecticut. I'd put the bin out streetside of my semi-rural on Thursday night, and awaken on Friday about 4:00 by a loud muffler and bottles clanking, damn poachers! My sleep was an expense I would not bear. I started bringing my recyclables to the dump after a few months. I believe I was sending them to the "waste to energy" pile, instead of re-use. Oh well. I'm happy that I have no state mandated waste programs where I live today. I enjoy the looks on visitors' faces when I tell them to just throw the bottles in the trash can... "we don't give a shit down here," I tell them.

    I don't know much about carbon emissions and global warming, but I do know that there's a lot of vacant land out there available for land-fill. We ain't running out of space, don't let them shit you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone doing this at 4 am should be ticketed for disturbing the peace, but not "trash theft."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woody -

    Does this unwillingness to bear mean that you have ceased sleeping? (Those better qualified than I to evaluate your posts can probably answer this without your input.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Perhaps my English, is... inelegant ( a nod to the Simpsons?) "My sleep" was intended to mean a period of time that is generally used for sleeping. Back in those days I used to set my alarm clock for 4:45, which was early enough to commute "comfortably" to Manhattan. I you woke me up at 4:00, you effectively stole 45 minutes of my sleep. Give me, say, $150 each event, and we're even.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness