My Father's Limerick

I passed by "Man from Ravenna" again and was reminded of what I believe is my father's only limerick. I don't think I've posted it here before, but who really knows the future, or the past, or anything but this passing moment? Now what the ^&;$#!*$% was I trying to post? Oh, yeah, the limerick:

There was an old man of Rhode Island
Who was known as King William the Silent.
    When they bade him good morning,
    He replied without warning,
"Garunchnik!" and then he grew violent.

Comments

  1. OK, yes, I shoulda said "bade" but "bad" is a respectable, although archaic, alternative. Dunno what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything ought to be beautiful in a human being: face, and dress, and soul, and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness