Rednecks versus Progressives

Out in rural northeastern Pennsylvania, I run into a fair number of rednecks. Many of them are way too free with their use of the "N-word."

But if they ran across an actual black person waving for help by his broken-down car along the side of Route Six, many of them would stop to help, and even let the driver use their cell phone to call a friend or spouse.

In gentrified Brooklyn, I run into boatloads of progressives. None of them ever, ever would use the "N-word."

But in many cases, if a black person has broken down along the side of Fourth Avenue, and he is blocking their way to the buy-one-get-one-free sale on miso-infused kale chips at the Park Slope Co-op, the black fellow better be ready to jump for the curb.

Comments

  1. I know some rednecks and progressives too, here in California. However, I wouldn't be so bold as to claim to that either group would behave one way or another without seeing the evidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I see the evidence every day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness