Java install bleg

I installed the newest MacOS, and per usual, it wiped out all Apple developer tools I had installed, as well as Java. (Query: why doesn't Apple notice if the developer tools are installed on the old OS, and conclude, "Hmm, he probably wants those again"?)

In any case, I seemed to get Java re-installed (twice now) and the test that everything is OK runs fine, but then an hour or two later, I get...






Clicking "More Info..." just brings me right back to the same install page I've been through twice already.

Any ideas on what could be happening?


Comments

  1. This seems like the most likely cause: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/yosemite_java.xml

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness